Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Countdown

So since August 16th now there have been some crazy happenings in my life so far. For one I got accepted to a ministry school program called "YWAM" [youth with a mission] In Byron bay Australia, I leave September 9th 2009 to Huntington Beach to say goodbye to friends there, and then Fly out September 12th for Australia.
Laura Cox
Youth With A Mission
1 Johnston Lane
Tyagarah, NSW
2481 Australia
For more information:
To watch the video check out my gadgets, the DTS title is above the Youtube gadget.

This blog just to be honest up front is more of like a journal for me, I used to journal all the time and some how fell out of it, but since I enjoy typing and what not I figured I'd start a blog.

So be prepared to read not only about the wonderful things God is doing and about to do in my life, but about the hard ships I am facing as well.

Anyways as an overview of the last two weeks, I was asked to leave my moms house..again. Came down with pink eye [and I know its from using my moms mascara or from my job at the cruiselines] and found out I have a Benign Tumor in my right knee. This is A LOT to find out in a short time!

As for the good things I'm staying at my grandmas who is a wonderful person [and cook!] I have been praying a lot more then usual because once again God has been pushing me towards having more more and more faith in Him. AND I met this awesome girl named Amanda who will also be on my journey with me from Seattle too!

So basically here are the things on my heart right now that God keeps saying "faith faith faith" I guess what He is proving to me is that just like in the olden times you have faith and He will provide, what is sad about this is because of how the world is today most people have forgotten or don't believe in faith alone. They say you need a Plan B. But if you have a Plan B isn't that proving that you dont have 100 percent faith that God will provide? That would show you are doubting? yes...

So when I was talking to my mom yesterday she goes "Should I start planning on arranging a flight back for you?" I was confused, and she goes "Laura it doesn't work like that, thats not what the bible says you can't just have faith you need a Plan B, I know your going to get there and just going to have to turn around and come back!" So I said "No! faith doesn't work like that! if I have a Plan B I am not trusting in God or having full faith that He is going to come through!" Once again. That apparently isn't in the bible. But she couldn't tell me where it wasn't, so I called up someone I look up too, Russ and asked him for guidence on faith because Its not just her it's now my WHOLE family telling me to give up and that this significant amount of money is impossible to raise. Well here's how I look at it...

Say I was going to go to Vanguard University [christian college] in Newport CA it's $18,000.00 a semester! and there are 2 semesters in a year! thats $32,000.00 just for 9 months of schooling excluding holidays and time off, [and no I can't get financial help because my mom makes too much so I would be taking out loans] This is Not including Dorming, or Food, where I will be learning most of the same prinicples With Out the hands on missions work.

Now I am going to YWAM, University of Nations in Australia, for 3 months of schooling and 3 months of missions in different countries. for only about $9,000.00 and thats including dorms, food, visa's, health insurance, flights, ext. now looking at the difference, I think it's more likely I would be able to acheive this missions goal then a college goal at this point of my life.

Anyways I am writing this blog more for me then anyone and this is my way of reassuring myself..



Here are some scripture that also back me up 100 percent! and give me more hope and faith:
Psalm 138:8 [His will for my life, I am in the palm of His hand]
Isaiah 6:8-10 [Who will go for Jesus?]
Matthew 18:19-20 [If two or more agree it shall be done]
Matthew 28:16-20 [I send you out to all the nations]
Mark 6:8-10 [Dont bring anything on your journey but the sandels on your feet]
Corinthians 1:3-9 [Give no short in any gift and happily]
Romans 4:16-21 [Abraham had faith, even when he was old and about 100 and had no hope, and God still made him the father of all the nations]
I want new hope and new life for my life. I am ready to grow up and spend time with people that share the same beliefs with me and be able to have fun like a child in a healthy environment. Im trusting and having "Kalele" that God is going to move mountains in my generation and that I will forever be changed from the expirience He is providing.

No comments:

Post a Comment