Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Byron Bay [the journey begins]

So day 3 in Byron Bay Australia. I flew out Saturday night at 9:30 pm LA time, Layover in New Zealand early monday morning [skipping a day] Not only is New Zealand the greenest and most gorgeous place I've seen since Ireland but I for sure want to return there for a bit to explore the coast! Arriving in Brisbane we all finally met at the airport which was 2 hours north of the base. We all gathered into a big van and car and started our journey. As arriving to the base, we met other students and leaders, the girl were introduced to a large two storey house located on a hill with a beautiful ocean view. I share this house with 7 other girls, and there are about 3 to every room. At the main base we have a swimming pool and most of our meals. Yesterday [day 2] we spent about 2 hours doing a scavenger hunt throughout the town of byron bay finding cool shops [100's of little botiques and surf shops] then afterwards spent the day at the beach surfing, skimming and playing volleyball. The water is already warm enough for only a bathing suit, and the weather so far has been warm and gorgeous!

We started Orientation today, and tonight after our welcome bbq/pool party will begin our testimony sharing. Im pretty nervous for this honestly. I know I have a pretty big one, and it makes me nervous to share it with people I have just met, since I've been judged on it before.

The first night I had a dream. Now for my close friends you know that this is kind of rare for me. Anyways my dream had 2 of the guys from my school in it. And it started with how Tom quit his job he had in the dream saying how it wasn't important. Then we were on the porch and this girl he knew came to talk to us, Her father was in the car parked behind mine and giving me dirty looks, she went over to him and came back asking me why I didnt go to a "real" university and I told her that even if I wanted too I couldn't afford it. She proceeded talking and so I turned and walked away. I remember feeling very vulnerable and insecure. Tom asked why I walked away, I told him she didn't understand my situation. We walked over to my car, I remember my car was just falling apart, and I couldn't find the keys, and I was feeling so broken Tom was comforting me giving me a hug. Jake came around the side of the car and was looking under the hood seeing if he could fix anything. But the jist of this dream was for one, God was telling me the material things arn't important, two it doesn't matter weither or not my family agrees with what I'm doing, or supporting me but the fact that the people now in DTS are my new family, they will be there to help me and support me no matter what. To offer me encouragement and love no matter what I'm struggling or dealing with. Not to offer judgement but support.

Anyways While I was talking to Amanda about how I'm nervous to share my testimony I remembered my dream, and it's encouraging to know that well this is my new family. I'm excited about what God is going to do in my life, and I love the fact that I am about to get healed from my past, and generational curses.

Tonight since the internet was down earlier and we just finished eating amazing bbq burgers [shrimp on the barbie! haha JK] but swimming and dancing tonight was a blast :) we YWAMer's know how to really have fun doing the limbo and "walking it out" haha anyways please continue to keep me in your prayers, and if your interested in Sponsering me my address is on my first blog :)

Family and Friends I love you!
I also love byron bay! :)

2 comments:

  1. a testimony can be scary at times, but know that its real its a testament of what you know to be true. God said in Isaiah 43:10-12
    10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
    11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.
    12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.

    When bearing your testimony you should be a witness of our Lord, and testify of the truths of the gospel, and how it has affected your life. Each time you bear testimony of these gospel truths it will be strengthened, and it will bear record to each and everyone of the people you bear it too, through the warm and peaceful feelings of the spirit. Laura I am so proud of you, keep doing the work of Heavenly Father, he loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow maddie!! thank you so much for the encouragement :) who would of thought 3 years ago we would both be followers? dude seriously Gods plans are great. :)

    ReplyDelete