"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9
So days are fading and time is coming for Bali in January! I am so excited to go to my first 3rd world country to tell my story, work in orphanages, shine light in the darkness, whether that be to prostitutes or human trafficing victoms, I am excited to Show that God is there to Help, and Love!
So funny story, I have a necklace that I have worn for a few months now that on one side is a sheild, and the other has Joshua 1:9 written small on it. Last saturday I lost it! I knew I had to have last it in town, and I was hoping and praying I would find it otherwise because It says in the bible to put on the armor of righteousness for protection and with the sheild around my neck it reminded me to do that.
Well last night I was praying to hear from God. I was praying for a word, vision, sign of some sort that God could hear me and He was listening. I asked Him to reveal Himself to me. Well No visions came, no words, no scriptures, nothing. So I said ok God I pray for dreams from You, or a sign tomorrow.
This morning I came to the Base, and Erik walks down and says "Hey Laura look at my new necklace that we found!" I was like "Erik!! Thats my sheild!!" He said he knew, and took it off and gave it too me. The most bizzare part of it was that Jake found it out by the surf shed, When I hadn't gone surfing since before I lost it..So how did it end up there?
Well things I have believed I heard was that I am to be in Surf/Skate/Snow [youth] minisitry, or missions. I am praying for God to speak to me what He wants me to do and where He wants me to go after I graduate here in March. I have a few things I am praying about, with locations, and certain ministries, one involves Nurse/Disaster Training, others involve traveler/surf missions. But who knows it could be something completely different.
Anyways I am so excited for the revival He is placing in my heart and the excitment I have to read the bible, and learn more and more about God, the bible and myself everyday.
Right now once a week I have started working with Christian Surfers, and taking kids out fom the local highschool to just surf and love on them, give them what their families aren't giving them..Love. I have the outreach BBQ where I meet hundreds of people from around the world once a week at a Free BBQ we host and get to share my testimony or the bible with them, hear about their lives, just people traveling searching for more to life.
I love Byron Bay, I love it here! I hope that my story is speaking to someone, somewhere.
Love and Peace be with you.
Family and Friends you are in my Prayers :)
Love
lolo
No comments:
Post a Comment